Asset search ,best most thorough way to go

jwonsmon

My husband and I been separated for over three years . His father recently died. I was told he's worth more married when dad dies. I would like a divorce but in the past he would not give me one. I'm not sure of his address. There may be monies in irrevocable trust that are his. How can I find this and get divorced with my cut. I supported him for 14 years and through his cancer and all. I have no prenup.

My husband and I been separated for over three years . His father recently died. I was told he's worth more married when dad dies. I would like a divorce but in the past he would not give me one. I'm not sure of his address. There may be monies in irrevocable trust that are his. How can I find this and get divorced with my cut. I supported him for 14 years and through his cancer and all. I have no prenup.

Hire a divorce attorney.
If you hire a good divorce attorney, he or she can get paid out of the funds in the marital estate.
Ask the attorney all about it, if it can be done, it'll get done.
A good attorney will ferret out EVERY penny that is due to, and ask for it on your behalf.
The internet is useful in that it gets you pointed in the right direction, which is MOST people need an attorney he or she can call theirs alone!
Talk to five or six attorneys near you, the initial consultation is usually FREE.
Its an excellent way ask questions about the divorce process itself.
These days, the other party need not agree to divorce, as he or she can't stop their spouse from divorcing them.
In fact, don't bother discussing the divorce with your spouse, that's what your lawyer will take care of for you.
Good luck.

Back