Assault & Battery Assault/Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirleyannen

I was recently attacked by a known person. This person came to my boyfriend's residence with her boyfriend and his sister and began threatening me verbally. I demanded that she leave multiple times but she refused. She finally attacked me (scratching, kicking) and had to be restrained by my boyfriend and her boyfriend.

I called the police and filed a report, as I have scratches on my arms and bruise on my chest. The police only filed an investigative report because she claimed that she did not attack me - she claimed that she fell. I have my boyfriend as a witness that she attacked me; however, her boyfriend and his sister are providing false reports to the police.

My concern is that we will most likely encounter each other again in the future and I do not want this happening again. The police stated that they could only file an investigative report and that it would not hold any water against her in the future. I would like to have assault/battery charges against her, as well as a restraining order. What are my options? Thanks.

Tough situation

If this does happen again, when she starts the fight, you can catch her for violation a restraning order. Thats when real action is taken by the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back