Asked to give 30 day notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraisabele

My son is on probation, charges are withheld judification he has about 3 months left, he violated his curfew and a warrant was issued and he was picked up, of course when he went to court the probation was reinstated as this is concidered techincal, he has no further criminal history, this is 3 years old . My landlord found out and asked me to give a 30 day notice to vacate.. Is this common? I am newly seperated and have not rented in 20 plus years.. this is scary

Generally state specific. Sometimes it depends on whether this is non-subsidized or subsidized housing. Also, can depend on how long ago the person was put on probation (& why). You might want to ask a Fl. lawyer or do a google search on landlord/tenant rights in Florida. (This is the information my reference has.)

Maybe someone else will come along with some additional information for you.

Landlord can ask, but you don't have to give it. If the landlord wants you out he can serve you with his own notice. If you don't want to move then don't.

Of course you never have to give it as mightymoose noted but if you don't & the landlord serves you with a notice, then whether you have to move is state specific - see post #2 above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back