Other Immigration Law ART 237 is uncontitutional

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilkortie

Here's the deal:

My father in law of Hungarian decent and a legal permanent resident of the United States was convicted of a felony back in 1993, and spent two years in a federal prison. Since then in 1996 Bill Clinton passed a bill stating that any foreigner convicted of a crime is subject to deportation. I believe this to be ART 237.INA. Now my father in law, and I'm sure many others have found themselves awaiting trials and appeals to stay in the United States of America. First of all anyone who committed any felony before 1996 should not be subject to this law because it's a clear violation of Ex Post Facto as stated in the U.S. Constitution. Secondly anyone who has been convicted of a crime, been sentenced, paid there debt to society, and now has to face another trial based on the previous trial is now facing Double Jeopardy as stated in the U.S. Constitution. Third of all this law violates Civil Rights because it discriminates against legal residents in the United States. Anyone and everyone who legally resides in the United States is subject to the same laws and penalties, however ART 237 INA has singled out a specific group of people and made their crimes more punishable than others. This law is totally irresponsible, and needs to be overturned. Please help in our quest for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Thank you, I'm anxious for your response,

neilkortie@yahoo.com

This is not legal Advice!

Sorry to here your troubles but as a legal permenant resident of the USA, it is important to obide by the laws that they set out. It will be harder for a foreign resident to get by because they are in the position to know better because as a resident your first objective is to obey the law of the land, your father in law is clearly a good person because if he was not he would have been denied in the first place.

As for the Constitution it was put in place for naturals of the USA and not residents for example the right to bare arms is for Americans but not residents but saying that if you feel there is a discrimination there in, then it would be a good idea to address your comments to congress. The problem anyone has is, Laws are very old and were put in place before we were all thought of. Many add ons and changes have come and gone over time but not clearly enough to keep up with todays pace and fast moving times.

There are lot's of things i disagree with that over people may think are good again it gets back to opinions. Good luck in your quest and I hope all go's well.

Take Care

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back