Kidnapping, Unlawful Detention Arrests/Subpoenas need to be made in LA, re: Kidnapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

awilson23

I was going up for promotion within my company and needed to complete seminars for the career path to qualify. Having booked a flight, booked the seminars, and paid up front; I made arrangements to actually spend the night in the lobby the night before the aforementioned seminar. Another employee, a self proclaimed rival of mine, upset with my arrangements with upper management , actually came in, in the middle of the night, with a threatening demanor and a forcefull tone, told me to come with him in his car,and removed me from the loby. I was disciplined in the past about speaking against, or not following the whims of other management, and this person in particular was an authority figure within the company, and having been disciplined inthe past, I dare not even argue. My instincts was to actually defend myself physically as there were others sleeping in an adjacent room; the idea was to create a rumble that would wake up the others, and have them rush to my aid, regardless of company policy, they would break up the fight. This individual who had came in and taken me away has passively aggressivley, or inadvertantly, stopped me from taking this qualifying seminar in the past, by redirecting phonecalls, impeding my communication personell. Twice! This was my third arrangement for my promotion, and this time I thought i was set! the kidnapper had a position of authority over me, so he came into the lobby at the middle of the night, 2345pm, and was looming over me. took me into his car, and we arrived at a hotel. All the time I kept pleading with him; "why are you doing this?" " I can't afford this!" "I had to borrow from my family to pay for this!" "If I do not take this, then i will not be able to pay for the other class {multiple classes needed for promotion. ie a "career path"}. The kidnapper's responce was: "Then you have to choose." this connotates his conscious effort to stop me from recieving the promotion. After paying on the hotel, I had defaulted on the class dues, and left the company. Nothing happened to the kidnapper.

The police have a statement...Don't I need to subpoena management? What if key management personell are a flight risk, or in some cases probably not even citizens?"

If you have made a report to the police for whatever crime it is you think happened, then it is up to the police to take any future actions. You will not need to subpoena anyone. If the police want to talk to people they will ask. They do not have to subpoena people to talk to them.

If you wish to retain legal counsel and sue someone, then you will need to consult an attorney.

What crime was made? this is NOT Kidnapping?

this is kidnapping. what else could this be? One person comes in the middle of the night and removes me from a company lobby.

would the subpoenas be necessary if the company might want to shred documentation?

I admittedly believe that showing vulnerability and my limitations is the best way to ask fro advice.

I'm not int he law enforcement, or legal field as it pertains to this, however I am in info sec. and have worked against certain offenders as it pertains to high tek, or information crime.

An example is that one cannot actually run forensic diagnostics against a hardrive submitted as evidence, however one can simply image the drive and run any investigative technique against it. If someone from my shop were to actually access that harddrive in any form or fassion, it is evedence tampering.

This is extent I understand the legal system, as cases, or interested minds come to me inquiring services rendered regarding informafion seurity interfacing. NOT employees asporting each other.

I refuse to divulge my age, however can clearly state that my credentials in information security go back as the early 90's with the USAF, and continue on even with this recent scuffle.

this is kidnapping. what else could this be? One person comes in the middle of the night and removes me from a company lobby.

would the subpoenas be necessary if the company might want to shred documentation?
I doubt it met the elements of the crime of kidnapping. If you reported it to the police and they did not believe it was kidnapping, there you have it.

If you wish to initiate a civil suit, you can have an attorney seek documents pursuant to a subpoena. You cannot generally subpoena documents without a case. So, if you want to seek some information, file suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back