Arrested for tickets never received!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatabubs

My boyfriend accidentally bumped into the back of a car one day on the way to work. The car took off and my boyfriend followed them to apologize and see if there was any damage. The car just kept going. Another car driving next to him was honking and telling him to pull over. He was still behind the person he hit trying to get them to stop. They turned off and drove away. The other people, next to my boyfriend, called the police. The police eventually called us and my boyfriend had to go to the station to talk with the officer. The officer told him that the driver of the car he hit did not call, it was another person but they still need to file a report. The police officer said he would be by our house to take pictures of our car, to asess any damages. He said he would call first. Well, he never called, he never showed up to take pictures and he never sent any kind of paperwork in the mail. SEVEN months later my dog gets out and bites another dog and the police arrest my boyfriend!!! They said there was a warrant from "leaving the scene of an accident." How is this!? We didn't know he had tickets! They were just sitting at the police station. When he went to court he plead guilty because he didn't think he had a chance to fight it.

My question is does he have grounds to fight this? If so, is it too late since he already made a plea or can we take it back to court for trial? This is just unfair and we have tons of fines to pay now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back