Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Arrested for Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trom

I am a 19 year old college sophomore in Illinois. Last night I was arrested for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor." A basic rundown of the situation:

A prospective student (high schooler) comes to visit campus. She was friends with my girlfriend, so I ended up hanging out with them. Long story short, the girl ends up going to the hospital. She had approximately seven drinks over a six hour period, which kind of makes us wonder if she was on some sort of medication, as usually that amount of alcohol would not put someone in the condition she was in.

We called 911 and the police and paramedics came. The girl went to the hospital, we were questioned by the police. We all told the truth and cooperated completely with the police. It ends up that the alcohol she had consumed belonged to me. Thus, I was arrested. A friend of mine had purchased the alcohol and was also charged.

The police were very polite to us, and we to them. They said that they would let the court (we have a court date Jan. 12th) know this. When we asked about consequences, they replied that usually people get put on supervision for a period of time and perhaps some community service. They also mentioned that since we both have clean records we may be able to get the arrests expunged.

My questions are: How accurate are these predications about consequences?
and
What's a ballpark figured for attorney fees in a case like this? (I'm pretty sure I shouldn't get a public defender, right?)

BTW, the girl is fine and feeling just fine today.

Thanks for the help.

Go with the supervision. In fact request it. If you are ever asked if you've ever been arrested after it's over you can say no. It usually lasts a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back