Deportation, Re-entry Arrested and sent to immigration......

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Two of my clients were arrested today. They are both from Mexico and entered the country illegally. Each of them have a lot of kids. I just contacted the sheriff's department and was told that my clients are going to be sent to immigration. Will they automatically be deported? I really don't want all of these kids to lose their fathers - the kids were all born in Michigan.

Thanks for any info!

Your clients need to speak to an immigration lawyer immediately. Illegal immigrants from Mexico are probably the topic of the most conversation and debate in immigration law today. The issues concerning Mexican people in Arizona (or I should say "Hispanic looking people" and the right to profile people to determine citizenship status) is one that has raised the level of awareness greatly concerning immigration issues, the difficult issues concerning profiling people based upon race as the discussion of proposed federal law concerning citizenship status for illegal immigrants who have been in this country for a period of time.

The children you describe are commonly (and somewhat crudely) referred to as "anchor babies" since there are allegations that illegal immigrants have children in this country so as to prevent deportation. I'm not going to discuss politics or personal thoughts but will just state that it does happen and it's unfortunate. Every case has its own specific details that could make a difference and, since this case has already involved the authorities concerning deportation, speaking to an immigration lawyer with all due haste certainly seems the most prudent action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back