Are these reasons enough to file for emergency custody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstennant

My ex-wife was reported to CPS a couple of weeks ago for letting our 11 yo daughter take a pic of her breast & put it on myspace where both our daughters can see it, getting a citation last year for having an ounce of weed, letting the girls miss almost 40 days the last two school years and 18 so far this year, living in a house with 9 other people where my girls sleep in the same bedroom with her & her boyfriend (who has an extensive drug and violence related background and is not even allowed to see his own child). Neither of them have jobs. She has lied to SS & acted like nothing was a big deal at the Child and Family Support meeting. SS has mailed her a letter giving her 5 ds to respond to it. Is any of this enough for me to go file for emergency custody? If so, how does it work?

If there is IMMINENT fear of danger to the child, I suppose there might be grounds (depending on your un-named state's laws in this regard). Otherwise, you need to bring this history back to the attention of CPS and file for custody or a change in visitation as appropriate. If you have an attorney, it would be a good idea to consult him or her.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back