K Visa are there exceptions to a marriage visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juijui01

how do i get my sister in law deported?

Hi.
I don't know how common this situation is, but my brother is having some problems with his wife, and I'm wondering what his rights are and what her rights are....
First, he is a legal US citizen and he married a girl from Vietnam. They were married in Vietnam over a year ago, but she has only been in the US for about 3 months. Long story short, she is an evil manipulative bitch who was only using him for his money - unfortunately, he has none. He's in debt. When she realized this, she told him she wanted to move out and live with a friend, but not get divorced. He said that wasn't an option and if she moved out, he would divorce her - which from my understanding meant that she would be sent back to Vietnam.
After he said that, she called the police and told them she was going to commit suicide because she was "depressed" and also claimed that she was afraid of him. Now she's staying with her friend, and they are being ordered to go through a month of counseling. I don't know if that was ordered by the hospital (the police took her there since she threatened suicide) or by the police or someone of a higher authority.
Here is what I am wondering... After that month of counseling - if he still wants to divorce her, what will happen? Will she go back or will she be allowed to stay here? Does her supposed suicide threat give her "bonus points" with the courts to be able stay in the US? And if so, what are the chances that he will have to pay alimony to her? (Remember - he is in debt. They were living in my sister's house for very cheap rent. He owns nothing - not even his car.) Thankfully, they have no children.
I think they have been married about a year and a half now. I heard something about them needing to be married for 2 years for her to stay. But she's only been here 3 months. Does that make a difference? And I don't think she has a work visa, but I am not sure about that.

Thanks for your help!

~juijui

Last edited:
This is not legal advice.

It is down to your Brother if he would like to divorce his wife. It is then down to the athorities in question to decide if his then ex wife stays in the US or is deported home.

My guess is she would be deported but then again people have a knack of avoiding this situation when it arrises. At least he will be back to square one and like you said, just be thankfull there were no children involved.

Try not to worry yourself too much over this situation in time it will all be over and done with. Lets hope he ends up happy.

Take Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back