Appeals and Eviction of Roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayefayeTX

I have two problems in Texas that I need advice on.

I will try to make these short.

1) I took over an apartment complex several months ago. One of the residents is good friends with the old manager and was allowed to do whatever she wanted with no consequences. Here is my problem: Owner implemented new rules - Resident refuses to follow any rules - received several lease violations - Lease is not going to be renewed - Resident is holding over - filed eviction - went to court - Judge ruled in my favor - Resident has now filed appeal and put a stop payment on last month's rent check. How many times can the resident file an appeal?

2) Resident moved in 6 months ago - had a friend that would come over and cause problems with the neighbors - has received lease violations due to friend's behavior - She wanted to add him to the lease last month - I tried to discourage her from doing this, but she said that he would not be so bad once he was on the lease. Now he is trying to get her evicted, because she will lose her rental assistance, if she is evicted. He thinks that I will evict her and lease the apartment to him and his other friend. He does not understand that if one is evicted, they are both evicted. Now she wants me to take him off of the lease. Is there any way that I can do this, or will she have to do this?

thanks

1. An appeal can be filed once.

2. It is possible to evict one person from a lease while keeping the other. This often happens in roommate situations where one is the "good" tenant and the other is the problem child. When you file for eviction, you simply put down just the name of the person you wish to evict.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back