Parole, Probation Appeal through Supreme Court and Probation Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pospete

Complicated case here.

Was convicted of a charge of wreckless endangerment...used a public def. to try and save a buck and got crushed in court. I have appealed it through the circuit court and they sided with the state. Now it is at the supreme court level. I violated my probation I received as part of the erroneous charge.

My probation was for 24 months and I also received 3 mos house arrest and 3 months intense probation. Probation up until this point has been very relaxed and understanding. They have never said but I can generally tell that they don't think I belong under their supervision. Not sure how they will be now that I have absconded and have a charge for fleeing arrest. I have contacted an attorney and they informed me that I will serve some jail time. I have an 11 m/o son and will not miss his first X-Mas...he will only have one first.

My question is if the case was somehow overturned is it still a probation violation?
Im sure knowing this grand system it is, just wanted clarification.

If it is shot down and I decide to fight it I have to file suit against the pub def's office for Ineffective assistance of Council (they already agreed that would be just and no they were grossly unprepared and the DA whooped them)
This whole thing should be put on dateline or 20/20 it is crazy. Legal professionals who have read over the case scoff at how everything played out.

I am a hard working business owner, I plan charity events, work out, contribute to society more than most. To be treated like this for defending my life makes me despise our justice system.

Thank you again for your help! Happy Holidays!

I believe all you were asking is if the probation violation would be valid-- yes, it is. It is a completely separate offense from what you are appealing in court.

Thank you for your reply....I was asking if the original charge is being overturned by the pa supreme court. That was the reason for
me being sentenced to probation. Would that still be considered a probation violation?

Until a court overturns the conviction you are bound by the terms of the probation. Your violation of the probation terms is a separate offense.
Should your case be overturned you might have some luck getting the violation to go away with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back