Appeal help needed

Irritated

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I am a father of an 18 year old daughter who lived with her mother out of state for most of her life. Two years ago I found out my daughter was sexually abused by her step-father at the age of five. Her mother knew, there was a police report, but I was never informed. I learned of the abuse after I had to take my daughter to therapy during her summer visit because she was self harming and abusing drugs. In addition to the sexual abuse, her mother is a drunk, had affairs with various men during her marriage and took my daughter to their homes, and emotionally abused her. She had three more children with the abuser and my daughter was used as a free sitter - 'Home Schooled' without my knowledge or consent. She refused to take my daughter to therapy or make her take medicine. My daughter was diagnosed with PTSD from the abuse and still has sever emotional issues as well as a drug problem now.

I sued for full custody and lost!!!! Not only did I lose, I have to pay the mothers legal fee's. My daughter lives with me now and today I received a notice that the mother wants child support. She has since moved out of State and my daughter is in college, which I am paying for. How is this right?

Obviously I need to appeal. The kicker is I am 30k in legal fee's and am tapped out at this point. Does anyone know of a lawyer willing to fight for Father's Rights pro bono? Any advice is greatly appreciated. This is in St Louis, MO.

Does anyone know of a lawyer willing to fight for Father's Rights pro bono?

Domestic relations case are rarely done pro bono.
Most pro bono work is done in the criminal law.
That said, you might find help at a local or nearby law school.

If the child lives with you, and your order includes support after the age of 18, you need to file for a modification based on a change in circumstances.

Back