Apology - Spam Filter Acts Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Members --

I apologize for the problem you've had here the last week or so. I installed a new spam filter that evidently was keeping out way too many posts in a place I didn't find until now. This means I've got roughly... oh... 150 posts to answer tonight and hope you'll all cut me some slack!!! :D

I'd really appreciate help with moderation here and please feel free to contact me if you'd like to assist. Right now I will be installing a live help system where you can contact us (and me) immediately should anything go wrong.

As always, feel free to send email to me either here or at michael and you know the domain to add. :)

Thank you all for your participation... and patience!!!

Michael aka TheLawProfessor

I'm trying to do as much as I can!

:angel

Man...my paycheck will be astronomical this month!

I can finally get that Rolls-Royce I've had my eye on!!!

http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11594

Now the spam filter is not even working!

I deleted the spam but kept the thread to show you what was happening....

Thanks so much seniorjudge! I disabled the spam filter for the day while I get it reset up again properly. I'm going to test it this week and keep a very close eye on the "net" that it grabs so that it won't hold back posts it shouldn't.

lawprofessor, I'm a moderator on another site and would be glad to help out if you need more people.

lawprofessor, I'm a moderator on another site and would be glad to help out if you need more people.

That would be fabulous. I'll make arrangements and appreciate the effort!

I'm glad to say that the spam filter is working better than it did before but I still need to perform a few new tweaks. I'll hopefully be able to provide access to you, seniorjudge and a few others so that the queue can be looked at every once in a while. I'll have much info more tonight.

WOW!!! On the bright side, we are attracting more traffic... on the dark side, we are getting a proportionate amount of spam!!! Tonight I'll be working with the spam filter (have another version) and am working out the last details with our moderators (thanks for your assistance!)

Onceagain, live help works in case you want to ping me at any time. Additionally, you can expect some new surprises this weekend here... and not spam. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back