Apartment Will Not Let us Renew Lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatieNole

My husband and I live in California. We are military, and we live in off-base housing in an apartment complex....We have lived here for almost a year and last week- April 22nd...we recieved a note from the apartment complex for a renewal of our lease. So my husband went down to the office and told them that we were deploying in January of '09 (6 months from now) and that we would have to cut off our lease....Well then on Saturday, husband, the baby and I met a couple friends down at the "Cook out" place in our apartment complex. We ran into some other guys that had people there, we brought a 12-pack of Coke, and everyone else had alcohol. Well we also brought our dog, in which we did not know dogs were not allowed there. THERE IS NO SIGN BY THE BBQ AREA THAT DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!!! Within a half hour of being there, the apartment complex manager came over and started yelling at us that we COULD NOT HAVE our dog there. ( TOTALLY UNPROFESIONAL) She really embarssassed husband and I in front of all of these people. Well husband brought the dog back up to the apartment, and we went back down there. Today we get a letter from her stating that we are NOT ALLOWED TO renew our lease based on the fact that we had people over the limit of who was allowed in the apartment complex (EVERYONE there LIVED HERE), because we brought our dog , and that we had ALCOHOL, which was not allowed. my husband dosn't even drink, and I am not drinking because of the fact that I am breastfeeding.... So they claim we held the "BBQ PARTY"....The thing is that we live NEXT DOOR TO THIS manager, so she knows us by name , so all the other people that were there WHO LIVE HERE, she would not know, and because she knows us she is putting the blame on US!!!! (isnt that discrimination???)

It says in our lease that we are not allowed to "SERVE alcohol", in which we didn't even bring ALCOHOL!!!!!

So my husband went to talk to the manager and she will NOT BUDGE. To make matters worse, we have to be out by May 20th, and husband is going away for training next week until June 20th and that will make me have to move all BY MYSELF with a 3 month old baby, a 100 pound DOG, and absolutley no family or friends here in California!!!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back