Anyway to collect on a loan for a ex-girlfriends home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt

First off -- this problem is hard to put in the right category - hope this is close

My son invested 80,000 to have a home built for him and his girlfriend for when they would be married . The house for is located in Texas. They lived together for a little over a year

they planned to be married but this did not work out --they "split" but remain on semi-decent terms -- Home is 80 percent complete -

It was built on her parents property and the parents planned to build beside "their" home.

Promises to finish the home and either sell it were made and my son waited for the home to be completed - it was moving at a snails pace and trying to get a loan to complete it was difficult on her income or even the parents . The girlfriend always had reasons to NOT list the property or even complete it . Phone messages were not returned and they began to get further between

After 2 years the ex-girlfriend has now avoided phone calls and emails. She has made promises to sell this house but always has excuses and reason to not do what they said would be done - He has heard all the excuses why it can not be finished or sold "as-is" -

My son now lives in Washington state

He wrote checks using a joint account with her.He kept records of what was "loaned" but she did contribute some money but less than 5000

Is there anything that can be done legally to force the sale - or any way to get his money (or even part at this point would be great)

The parent are older they have tryed to help but at this point did not really help much - they like my son a lot

Is there anything that can be done

I'm not sure what you can sell. The problem exists probably because your son and the ex-girlfriend are joint owners in the property. I'm missing something here and not sure why the daughter doesn't want to sell property that is devaluing and nothing but a drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back