Anullment or Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

itdweeb99

My longtime girlfriend and I got married in Las Vegas just under a year ago. We've decided to go separate ways and I'd like to know whether we can get an anullment or if we have to go through a divorce. We've worked out all of the property so there are no disputes there. I will be keeping the house that only I have been paying for (I've put 35k toward the house, she has paid one house payment), she is taking her things as far as car, furniture etc, and I am keeping my things as far as car, furniture etc. I've also agreed to let her have the dog and the 7k dollar engagement ring I gave her. So everything is worked out property wise. Can we therefore get an annulment? If so, what is the easiest way to do it? Also, I want to know what could happen if she turns on me and comes to me with a lawyer. Can she milk me for all that I'm worth? Before answering that it is important to note that we were married when we bought the house but only I put my name on the title. Also, I'm letting her keep her ring, also I'm letting her live her for over two months while she moves back home, also, I'm keeping her on my health insurance for as long as she needs it. With all this taken into consideration, would she still have a chance at getting even more out of me?? Also, lets say that she did get half the house, does anyone know how that works? Say I sell the house for 200k, and owe 120 on the mortgage. Does the 200k go to paying of the mortgage first and then we split the remainder or do we split the 200k even before the mortgage is paid?? Any help would be SOOOOO appreciated!!!

the only thing i can help you with is if the state you where married in(navada) is a community property state, anything you accumilated during the time yall where married she could go after if she wanted to but since yall have most everything worked out i wouldnt worry to much about that. sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back