Animal Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhughes22

My wife is allergic to fur, so we decided to buy a pygmy pig as a pet (don't laugh) as this is one of the few pets she is not allergic to. They grow to about 50 pounds. They come fully innoculated, neutered and wormed from a registered breeder, and are very sanitary animals. Before purchasing the animal, I found out that our Village (Oak Park, IL) prohibits ownershi of pigs, and other farm animals. I contacted the village and tried to explain I wanted it as a pet, and not a farm animal, but they did not see my point. Is there any legal action I can take to contest this law? There are people in my condo complex with large, mean rottweilers, and I cannot have a small, docile pig? Where's the logic in that! It is not going to harm anyone. What would happen if we got the pig anyway? Are these local laws enforced much?

I dont think its wierd to have a pig as a pet but these are not considered domesticated animals. Unless there is some sort of clause allowing this particular pig, they can fine you. Personally you are asking for trouble from them if you know its prohibited, and get it anyways. If you have alot of $$$ to pay a lawyer, see one and try to fight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back