...and then she burned the place down.

Deeeye

I don't even know where to start. This lady has been tormenting me since 2011, and today she burned my apartment. The situation is a 6-plex side by side apartment building with her on the very end, and me the 2nd from the end.

The beginning:
I got a knock on the door. Police officer. Says the neighbor claims I'm recording her through holes in the walls. He looked around, and then all we could do is share a laugh over how ridiculous that is, then he left. This is how I was introduced to "Leslie" in 2011.

A few weeks/months go by.. another cop knocks and says the neighbor called because she heard a child being sexually abused. Again, complete insanity. That one has always bothered me. That's on record somewhere.

Things started escalating between us. Everything was somehow my fault. I honestly did everything I could to keep quiet and avoid her, but the police were called on regular basis. One of the times they were there she was asked what kind of meds she takes, and as she was listing them off the cop and I looked at each other stunned because it just went on and on and on.

She would randomly pound on the walls & windows at all hours of the day yelling about God knows what. This was an awful way to live for me, every day was a potential 'episode', and I thought it was only a matter of time until she really went crazy on me. Believe it or not I feared for my life, and I hit a point where I *had* to move out in 2014.

In 2015 I had to go to court because she wanted a restraining order against me. Basically claimed everything wrong in her life was my fault (including telling the court I threatened to kill her grandson). Like I said, by this point I had moved out a year earlier. I didn't even live there! The judge literally said "This is the most out of left field case I think I've ever seen." and dismissed it.

I rented the place out, and the new tenant was now her target. She thought he was my son, and put him through the same nonsense she put me through. She broke both my screen doors, smashed a door handle, would peel paint in my entryway, etc etc etc, I could go on all day about how awful it has been to have this lady in my life.

I figured it'd only be a matter of time before Leslie drove my tenant out, and I'd lose my rent income. Well, she did it.. her apartment caught fire today (accidentally) and severely damaged mine. Not only is my tenant homeless, and my rent income is gone, but now my 'nest egg asset' is literally charred. I don't know what to do.

Ultimately, her problem is the pills she takes/forgets to take/combines incorrectly/takes with alcohol, etc... this is what I was told by police countless times, and there's "nothing they can do about it." To me it seems she's basically a lab experiment, or, they just don't care as long as her insurance is paying the bills. I feel like I may have a case against whoever is 'carelessly' prescribing these drugs and sending her back home to torment me/us.

"Leslie" has always been someone I try to forget about but now it's obviously gone way too far. What do you think I should I do.

Thanks very much for your time.

What do you think I should I do.

There is NOTHING you can do, but thank the Great Pumpkin no one was burned alive.

You lost nothing you can't regain.

You can also thank the Milky Way that because of the alleged arson, she'll never bother you again.

i'm looking for a lawyer that understands this situation. i'll come to you.

This site ISN'T a lawyer referral site.

This site discusses legal issues.

I'm sure you'll be able to find dozens of MN lawyers willing to represent your interests.

Good luck.

What do you think I should I do.
It's unfortunate that you didn't come here several years ago. You would have been strongly advised to get insurance. You would also (likely) have been advised to sell the place and get away from the crazy.

I don't even know where to start. This lady has been tormenting me since 2011, and today she burned my apartment. The situation is a 6-plex side by side apartment building with her on the very end, and me the 2nd from the end.

The beginning:
I got a knock on the door. Police officer. Says the neighbor claims I'm recording her through holes in the walls. He looked around, and then all we could do is share a laugh over how ridiculous that is, then he left. This is how I was introduced to "Leslie" in 2011.

A few weeks/months go by.. another cop knocks and says the neighbor called because she heard a child being sexually abused. Again, complete insanity. That one has always bothered me. That's on record somewhere.

Things started escalating between us. Everything was somehow my fault. I honestly did everything I could to keep quiet and avoid her, but the police were called on regular basis. One of the times they were there she was asked what kind of meds she takes, and as she was listing them off the cop and I looked at each other stunned because it just went on and on and on.

She would randomly pound on the walls & windows at all hours of the day yelling about God knows what. This was an awful way to live for me, every day was a potential 'episode', and I thought it was only a matter of time until she really went crazy on me. Believe it or not I feared for my life, and I hit a point where I *had* to move out in 2014.

In 2015 I had to go to court because she wanted a restraining order against me. Basically claimed everything wrong in her life was my fault (including telling the court I threatened to kill her grandson). Like I said, by this point I had moved out a year earlier. I didn't even live there! The judge literally said "This is the most out of left field case I think I've ever seen." and dismissed it.

I rented the place out, and the new tenant was now her target. She thought he was my son, and put him through the same nonsense she put me through. She broke both my screen doors, smashed a door handle, would peel paint in my entryway, etc etc etc, I could go on all day about how awful it has been to have this lady in my life.

I figured it'd only be a matter of time before Leslie drove my tenant out, and I'd lose my rent income. Well, she did it.. her apartment caught fire today (accidentally) and severely damaged mine. Not only is my tenant homeless, and my rent income is gone, but now my 'nest egg asset' is literally charred. I don't know what to do.

Ultimately, her problem is the pills she takes/forgets to take/combines incorrectly/takes with alcohol, etc... this is what I was told by police countless times, and there's "nothing they can do about it." To me it seems she's basically a lab experiment, or, they just don't care as long as her insurance is paying the bills. I feel like I may have a case against whoever is 'carelessly' prescribing these drugs and sending her back home to torment me/us.

"Leslie" has always been someone I try to forget about but now it's obviously gone way too far. What do you think I should I do.

Thanks very much for your time.
What state?

Minnesota. Would've replied earlier but...
"The following error occurred:
You have reached our post limit (5) in 24 Hours."

Minnesota. Would've replied earlier but...
"The following error occurred:
You have reached our post limit (5) in 24 Hours."
Sorry about that...this site has had issues with spammers in the past so the 5 post a day limit for new members helps stop the board from being overrun with spam.

Back