American Guardian Warranty, a total ripoff in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraftfam

I would NEVER buy a warranty from American Guardian Warranty again. THEY ARE A TOTAL RIPOFF in my opinion. They will do anything not to pay a claim. I have had to sue them (their agent) twice and both times they paid and it never went to court. They make processing a claim very difficult.

They say you can take your vehicle to any dealer, but then they argue about shop rates, and part prices and don't pay the full amount. They almost NEVER return phone calls, and put you on hold a very long time when trying to get info on a claim. I put in a claim for travel expenses on a covered breakdown and they denied the claim saying I lived in the city of the breakdown. Their computer mysteriously switched my address to the "new city". This happened TWICE! Then to keep me from pursusing the matter they said they would sue me for FRAUD! I could NOT believe it. After submitting 54 reasons documenting my residence including my TAX RETURNS, property tax bill, childrens school transcripts, etc. they still ignored my request.

Although I have had some claims paid by them, it has NOT been worth it. I paid over $2,500 for my Warranty Agreement. I had a dealer tell me to not come back if I was using the warranty as they said it was not worth their time dealing with American Guardian Warranty.

Note: The average time it took for me to get my car repaired was over 1 week, due to the "red tape" put forth by American Guardian Warranty, which included inspections, lack of return phone calls, delayed payment, delayed approval etc.

Make sure to check what warranty you are getting, as many "agents" sell warrantys that are backed by "American Guardian Warranty".

I WOULD NEVER BUY A WARRANTY THAT USES AMERICAN GUARDIAN WARRANTY AGAIN!

(note if you search on the net you will find story after story of problems with American Guardian Warranty, I wished I had done my homework first)

Why not report this to your state's attorney general for investigation? Additionally, you may want to report it to your state's better business bureau even though that won't do much except put a black mark on their name with regard to reference checks.

Originally posted by kraftfam
I would NEVER buy a warranty from American Guardian Warranty again. THEY ARE A TOTAL RIPOFF in my opinion. They will do anything not to pay a claim. I have had to sue them (their agent) twice and both times they paid and it never went to court. They make processing a claim very difficult.

They say you can take your vehicle to any dealer, but then they argue about shop rates, and part prices and don't pay the full amount. They almost NEVER return phone calls, and put you on hold a very long time when trying to get info on a claim. I put in a claim for travel expenses on a covered breakdown and they denied the claim saying I lived in the city of the breakdown. Their computer mysteriously switched my address to the "new city". This happened TWICE! Then to keep me from pursusing the matter they said they would sue me for FRAUD! I could NOT believe it. After submitting 54 reasons documenting my residence including my TAX RETURNS, property tax bill, childrens school transcripts, etc. they still ignored my request.

Although I have had some claims paid by them, it has NOT been worth it. I paid over $2,500 for my Warranty Agreement. I had a dealer tell me to not come back if I was using the warranty as they said it was not worth their time dealing with American Guardian Warranty.

Note: The average time it took for me to get my car repaired was over 1 week, due to the "red tape" put forth by American Guardian Warranty, which included inspections, lack of return phone calls, delayed payment, delayed approval etc.

Make sure to check what warranty you are getting, as many "agents" sell warrantys that are backed by "American Guardian Warranty".

I WOULD NEVER BUY A WARRANTY THAT USES AMERICAN GUARDIAN WARRANTY AGAIN!

(note if you search on the net you will find story after story of problems with American Guardian Warranty, I wished I had done my homework first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back