International Issue American divorced Chinese national, cancelled immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.

notalt

Hi,
My cousin married with an american resident or citizen in China. Her husband petitioned her to the united states, but decided to divorce her only months before her immigration interview. (He did it only because his mother does not like my cousin very much after visiting her in China) He has canceled the petition and filed for divorce. now my cousin is stuck in China not knowing what to do.
please advise me on what she should do, because my family here would really like to get her to the united states as she is hurt and alone in China. We would also like to sue her husband, but we need some legal advice.
please help,
thank you

Maybe your cousin only married him was to get out of China.. He can divorce her and not help her go to the US that's his choice. Why do you think you can sue him? That's his choice and there is nothing you can do. What do you mean stuck in China? I'm an American and I moved to China, China is a great place to be and she is not stuck. She'll find another dumb American to get her a visa and a green card then take him for everything he has. This is very common in China. Your cousin is no different.
How can she be alone in China you just said she has family, See your only lying. She has her family and is not alone.

I think this is a bit harsh.

She'll find another dumb American to get her a visa and a green card then take him for everything he has. This is very common in China. Your cousin is no different.
How can she be alone in China you just said she has family, See your only lying. She has her family and is not alone.

Your Quote: He has canceled the petition and filed for divorce. now my cousin is stuck in China not knowing what to do.

Quick answer, no case to sue him i am afraid and she should move on with her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back