Amazon.com Mix up, charged wrong account

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker12

Recently, I made a rather large purchase from Amazon.com, totalling approx $125. I realized that my bank account didn't have enough money to cover that, so before I completed the purchase online I deleted my checking account info & put in my credit card #.

Days went by...almost a whole WEEK actually, the items were already delivered. And, the charge hadn't even appeared on my credit card.

Then, a few days ago I recieved two NSF fees for returned items, which turned out to be from amazon.com for my purchase...they attempted to put it through twice. :mad:

This is really upsetting to me! I distinclty removed my checking account information from Amazon, so that they wouldn't charge my account...which they wound up doing anyways despite the fact that I provided another source of payment.
It frightens me that I can remove personal information from that website, and ten somehow somebody at Amazon still has access to it. I was already the victim of ID theft, and it was very traumatic. I don't think I'll be shopping online ever again.

Yes, I did contact my bank and explain the situation to them so that at least they can reimburse me for the two charges. But really...
Does amazon have the right to charge that account since I removed all information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back