Am I screwed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamom

About 3 and a half years ago i purchased an acre of land with a single wide. I eventually had my now ex, fiance move in with me. Due to the condition and size of the home we decided to purchase a new mobile home. We jointly decided that we would finance the new home in his name only so that we could get a better interest as his credit was much better than mine. The only way to put the new mobile home on my property was to have the land in his name and finance both together. When he was completing the financing paperwork we included that I "sold" him the land so it was in his name. We lived in the home together for over a year and both made payments on the loan. We have now seperated and he has told me I will have to sign a formal lease agreement to be able to stay in the home, as well as make the full house payment myself as well. I cannot afford to pay for the place myself and nor can he, but do not wish to uproot my daughter and have to leave our home. He has informed me that if i cannot pay the full amount he will evict me. since he cannot make the payment himself either he has let me know he intends to allow the property to be repo'd.
I have 2 questions:
1. Can he actually have me evicted since we purchased the home together and I have been living in the new home for over a year?
2. If I am forced to leave or he has the property repo'd do I have any rights? I signed my land to him without any compensation with the intent to live in the new home, since that has changed would I be able to have him pay him for the land still?
Thanks!

You need an attorney... NOW!

If you sold him the land ... Even if... then you are in a huge amount of trouble.

You need the attorney to look over the sales agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back