am i responsible

Status
Not open for further replies.

daratipton

i took a small loan out, using my car as collatarol, the loan company didn't put a lien on my title, my car broke down, i had the car towed to a shop, well i didn't have the 1500.00 to get the car fixed, during this time i got behind in my payments, the loan company called me and i took them 1 of 3 payments they refused to take that one so they stated they wanted the car, i told them where they could find it.well the shop had the car towed. the towing company stated that they didn't have the car, the loan company came to my house, threatended to have me arrested if i didn't find my car, i went to the police dept and made a report, and i notified the loan company of this and the case number and all of this. a few days later the detective called me and stated that they had found my car. that the towing company was unable to locate an owner and that they ran a title check and it came back clean with no leins on it so they crushed the vehicle. well the loan company was made aware of this, and now after 2 months, they are harrasing me again, they are sending really big guys to my house beating on my door. he is going to my neighbors houses to try to figure out when i will be home, they left a message telling me they were going to have me served at my job, i was laid off from my job back in oct and im a single mom, im busting my but just to make end meat, is this still my responsbility, seeing how they didn't put a lien on my title. are they allowed to leave threatening messages like that, did they violate my hippa rights by going to my neighbors homes?

Question

I received a bill from 1999 for a phone bill that they claimed I never paid. I called them to find out what this was and they said that the company sold my account to them to collect the debt. This charge is not on my credit report and I closed this account 8 years ago with a $0 balance with no way to prove it. What do I do? is there a statute of limititations in phone bills? I do not want bad credit because of this. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back