Am I entitled to unemployment in NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davelle

Hello all,

Just have a quick question. I currently am enrolled in a graduate program at the local university as a part-time student. Part of my program requirement is that I complete a full-time internship, which is set to begin this fall, and is unpaid. Up until recently, I was working as a teacher's aide in a special education school. The school itself was closed due to lack of funding, and all of the employees were laid off. My question- can I collect unemployment even though I am doing an unpaid, full-time internship beginning next month? According to my class schedule, I am registered for only 6 credits, which puts me as a part-time student and thus eligible for UI per NJ regulations. Technically, I can still actively seek work and if I could find a job at the right salary, would take it. Thanks in advance!

No one here can say whether you will or will not qualify. All we can tell you is that it costs nothing to apply and there is no penalty for being wrong. If you apply, you might or might not receive benefits; if you don't apply you definitely won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back