Am I eligible for annulment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuzzledInCA

Here is my situation:

I live in California. I got married to a Chinese girl 3 years ago, and now she came to the States to live with me this Jan. After we got married, I visited her once a year before she came over. Her family supported her all the time after she quit the job to prepare the exams and application process to go to MBA program here. In essence, we lived completely separately then.

Now I have doubts about the marriage. Am I still eligible for annulment just based on the length of the marriage?

These are the basics for an annulment:
1. Either spouse was already married to someone else at the time of the marriage in question;
2. Either spouse was too young to be married, or too young without required court or parental consent. (In some cases, such a marriage is still valid if it continues well beyond the younger spouse's reaching marriageable age.)
3. Either spouse was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the marriage;
4. Either spouse was mentally incompetent at the time of the marriage;
5. If the consent to the marriage was based on fraud or force;
6. Either spouse was physically incapable to be married (typically, chronically unable to have sexual intercourse) at the time of the marriage;
7. The marriage is prohibited by law due to the relationship between the parties. This is the "prohibited degree of consanguinity", or blood relationship between the parties. The most common legal relationship is 2nd cousins; the legality of such relationship between 1st cousins varies around the world.
8. Prisoners sentenced to a term of life imprisonment may not marry.
9. Concealment (e.g. one of the parties concealed a drug addiction, prior criminal record or having a sexually transmitted disease)

i am married to a man in prision in california. we got married in prison we never had sexual contact he is considered a lifer. can i get my marriage annuled

i was married to woman and used to reside with her for about 9 months. i left her because of her abusive ways towards my kids. i never filed for seperation but i have not been living with her since march of 2012. im wondering if i am eligible to get an annilment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back