Am I competitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btmansfi

I am new to this site and just received my October 1 LSAT score. I received a 153. My major is Economics and my GPA is 3.93. I did a 7-month internship with Citigroup's Latin American Headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and a 3-month internship with U.S. Senator George Allen. I am a member of 4 honor societies (business, english, foreign language, and leadership) and played Division I baseball at a top-25 program. I have tons of other extracurriculars. I have letters of recommendation from the Dean of my business school (he knows me very well and was the interim director of my business program), Senator Allen (UVA law graduate), Congressman Randy Forbes (UVA law graduate), and Congressman Eric Cantor (William and Mary law graduate).

I applied to the following schools:
Columbia
NYU
Cornell
Penn.
Boston
UVA
Chicago
William and Mary
George Mason
Richmond

My LSAT was above the 50th percentile, however what do you think my chances of admission to these schools is? Will my GPA, internships, and extracurriculars make up for a 153? Is there a chance that I could eek my way in to one of these schools? Any recommendations for other schools to apply to?

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I forgot to say, I am a Virginia resident, so getting into UVA, William and Mary, Richmond, and George Mason will be easier than if I didn't live in Virginia. I think UVA holds 40% of its spots for Virginia residents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back