"Am I at fault here"...?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimberlyn

My jurisdiction is: Washington state

In 2005 I lost ALL my belongings I had in storgage due to lack of work so lack of funds always follow. In addition to ALL my things being auctioned off, I was also then served court proceeding papers in 2007 too suing me for an additional $1875.00 for the storage unit that was 2 1/2 months late then auctioned off~ & I actually was understanding & felt it pretty much fair in regards to me losing it all, I owed, I pay is my motto. There was well over $20,000.00 worth of goods in the unit & to this day I still have no clue what it sold for? In 2007 I filed the nessesary paperwork on time wanting this to be heard in court ect... 3 days ago my wages were garninshed by them!? I was never informed of the court date or anything? In April 2008 we moved. We put in our change of address with our local post office & were also in the phonebook w/our new address & phone number ect. FOR WELL OVER A YEAR when they did all this to me. They had NO problem serving me the garnishment at my work though, none, But when it came to serving me when the courtdate was they couldn't find me? Now, what's wrong w/this picture? Oh yeah, I also need to mention to you that the storage units are also owned by the attorney that has done this to me, isn't that nice? What can i do now about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back