Other Immigration Law Alien Number not found..

Status
Not open for further replies.

July1951

Hi,
I had an appointment today with USCIS to renew my I-151 green card (permanent resident) issued in May of 1958.

My Alien number was not found in the USCIS system.
The supervisor said that this happens sometimes.

Consequently, I was not able to go througgh with the process.
They told me that they were going to "order my files" which will take 3-4 days then they will contact me.
I have never applied for anything from the government and don't even have a parking ticket to my name.

My question is: why would my number not show up in their system?

I would not worry too much about it, things happen, just think no system anywere is perfect they all have their glitches. so relax, everything is going to be fine.

It is so old that it was probably issued before computers. It probably was not migrated across, when their system became automated. Another possibility is that the number used was not in the same format as the numbers used today acreating a conflict in their systems and causing your number to be spat out. You may have to contact them in order to receive a new number. I'd assume that most people who have been PRs since 1958 have already become citizens and so this would not have affected too many people, but I must say that my Uncle (who is an Indian national and cant hold dual citizenship and own property in India) is in the same boat. Having said that, I don't think there has been any probs with his green card status. In summary, I would be proactive and make sure that you are correctly on their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back