airbag deploy without impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaykay2011

I bought a vehicle about 2 months ago from a used car dealership, the car was guarenteed state inspection and 20 day plates, within that 20 day I noticed a large exhaust leak, the starter went, and then the air bag deployed on my 8 year old daughter with out impact. I went to the dealership told them about the issues and said I wanted my money back, he refused. So I asked if he could trade it for a vehichle thats safer and reliable for me and my children he said yes. He said he could put me in a durango, I said ok but i'd like to have it checked first, because I don't want the same issues to arise with this vehicle, the guy said that was fine, so I took the vehicle to VIP, they told me to have them fix the passenger wheelbearing before getting into it, for it wouldn't be safe to drive it with the wheelbearing being as low as it is, i allowed the worker to know that, he spoke to the boss then told me the boss said no that he will not fix it, so 2 weeks later I said fine if I give you 200 would you fix it, he said he'd ask the boss. Well today i got a call from the boss, he was very nasty and rude and said deals off i've decided not to trade you out into something else, i said are you kinding me, he hung up on me I called back but the boss refused to speak to me. I had to drive up there to make my car payment, when I did the boss was there, i said you can't tell me you will trade me out for a month and then decided no that you're not going to, I said that was a scumbag move for you to put me in a vehicle that endangered mine and my childrens safety, he said your a fing scumbag, this isn't walmart you cant trade out here, i said whatever i'll be looking into bringing you into court this was a big mistake. As i walked out and got in my car he ran to the door opend it up and yelled out fing cu** and flipped me off. So here I am hoping to have good news that I can sue him, so I can get my money back, to get a vehicle that will be safe and reliable for me and my children.

Unless there was a warranty on the vehicle you don't have much of a complaint to make. Once you purchase a used vehicle you are on the hook for any problems that arise.
The dealer has no obligation to refund or trade the vehicle.
You certainly can try to sue him. Doing so may persuade him to strike a deal with you rather than hassle with court, but should it actually get to a judge you would have a snowballs chance of prevailing without a warranty.

Agree with mightymoose. When buying a used car, it is "buyer beware". You are buying it as is (unless there is a warranty involved). Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back