aggressive driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy82963

I have been accused by 2 girls that I tried to run them off the road, following too close, going inexcess of 70 mph, stopping on a major highway. I did not do this. They supposedly called 911 and told them I had tried to run them off the road. Then after going 4-5 miles, I did this again. They have my license number and the cops brought them to my house to identify me, but I swear I did not do this. I don't know why they would do this to me. I don't think I have any enemies. Of course after they identified me, they decided not to press charges, but this is the kicker. The officer that came to "arrest" me and now couldn't because they are not pressing charges, gave me 4 tickets. Two for illegal change of lanes, one for going in excess of 70 miles per hour, and one following too close. I had no one with me except a friend had followed me half way home after we got off from work and part of this supposedly happened while he was behind me. I feel like I have been seriously violated. I have to hire a lawyer to prove my innocence. My question is can this cop even give me these tickets if he did not see me or that the girls are not pressing charges. What should I do? Thanks

I do not know how the officer could give you these tickets since it is your word against the word of two girls who are not even pressing charges against you. The first thing to do would probably be to fight the tickets in court. Clearly note the time and date that the tickets were given to you. I would highly doubt that the officer would lie and say he saw you commit the actions. You may not only have an action against the officer (municipality) but against the girls as well. It may do well for you to speak to a lawyer before you go to court for the tickets.

Please feel free to contact us if you need an attorney. Let us know the area within which you live. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back