Age to leave Home--Texas/Louisana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelkisses530

I need Fast help...Im 17 and live in Texas and im wanting to move to Louisana with my 20 Yr old Fience.... is this possible if my parents dont want me to move..i plan on moving in down there and getting homeschooled.... i can financailly support myself and i will be finishing up high school .... but can my parents do anything to make me stay with them since im not yet 18??? Please any help.....

This Is not Legal Advise!

First of all, have you discussed this with your parents? Should they not be the fist people you can turn to. If you had a daughter and you thought the world of her and brought her up from a baby, would you not be concernd of her future plans.
When dealing with a MAJOR situation in life you will learn in time about the fealings you may be putting on other people. I think you should sit down and take a moment to reflect about what you are doing, love is blind and we have all been where you are.
You have your whole life to make your own dissions and to find your own feet.

Could your Boyfriend not move closer to you? remember relationships are partnerships and have to be flexible, there has to be shared responsibilitys here.
It is not all about you giving up your life, it is about compromise. I am sure all your parents want is for you to be happy and you should wait until the time is acceptable to make your move, if you still feel the same. If your boyfriend is in love with you as you are with him he will feel the same way and would not want you to commit yourself to moving out and giving up your life.

You will be a long time being old, so try to enjoy the last years of being young.
What ever legal advise you recieve you should look deep into your heart and think of the people you will be leaving behind and the devistation they may go through.
You sound like a very clever person and all I ask is you take a moment to think things through.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back