Advice on Letters to Court/Power of Attrny

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZcitizen

I wondered if someone might be able to advise how letters to the Court are used and if other means might be appropriate for a family to communicate with a court. I am the family member of a mentally ill addict who is repeatedly charged and incarcerated for petty crimes and DUI offences. These incidents have taken place steadilly for 5 years. We wish to communicate that we believe this individual still presents a significant danger to himself and others and hope that he can recieve appropriate long term mental care (while detained) rather than be treated as a case-by-case criminal offender. We consider him unfit to presently function in society and would like to explore the possibility of him becoming a ward of the state. The family members live too far to be present in court. He has an upcoming hearing this week and has already demonstrated that he unable to stay sober or to make sound decisions since he was released last week. I believe the safest and most productive place for him to be would be a psychiatric facility for a minimum of several years.

Last edited:
You need to file for guardianship/conservatorship of this person and maintain a 24 hour watch on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back