Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Advice needed

Hdbrooks

Jurisdiction
Kansas
We're about to have our preliminary hearing for a sec crime case and my first question before asking any other questions is are we allowed to talk about the case at all? Even between me and other victims or family members?

Your attorney is the ONLY person you should be speaking with about this matter.

You need to talk only to your lawyer. Do not ask others for information or volunteer giving any information to them.

We're about to have our preliminary hearing for a sec crime case and my first question before asking any other questions is are we allowed to talk about the case at all? Even between me and other victims or family members?

Your lawyer won't ask you if you stole the cookies, killed the old man, robbed the gas station, or stole the car.

Your lawyer doesn't want to know, nor does she need to know.
Your lawyer will ask specific questions that could aid her in crafting your defense.

That said, if you have the need to talk about any aspect of an ALLEGED crime, save it until your trial is over.

Talking to ANYONE is foolish, because co-defendants often snitch each other out to save themselves, while screwing as many others as possible.

Silence is golden, mate.

OP makes it sound as if (s)he is one of the victims. I don't know what "sec crime" is... sex crime? securities crime? We'll see if he or she returns or disappears into the wind as so many others do.

Back