advice for a struggling teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmadbull

I am 16, i currently live in california with my grandparents. my birth parents have not been in the picture for quite some time.i grew up always moving with my mother, i've lived in many abusive and un safe environments. when i came to live with my grandparents because of this, i thought this would be a turning point. since ive turned 16, everything has gone down hill. my grandparents see me making some (but not NEARLY as many) mistakes as my mother (who had me at 16). i pride myself in my education, and want to get as far as i can. i have applied for every job that will hire a 16 year old, and have yet to hear from any of them. Earlier this week, my gaurdians(grandparents) and i had a conflict, where i was somewhere other than where i had told them. we talked and things started to be OK, the next day, my grandfather came up to me and asked me to give him my phone, complying i pulled it out and was going to hand it to him when he forcefully grabbed my wrist. i asked him to let go, and when he refused, things escalated. he threw me to the ground and continued to pry the phone from my had, as i was screaming for help, once he got the phone, i chased after him, and he pushed me at the chest, and knocked the air out of me, and i fell and hit my head.after that i called the police, and when they came they told me that I was the criminal, for lying about where i had been. and threatened to take me to juvinal hall for not respecting him. i was left with a bruised rib, and bump on my head, i called CPS, and all they did was add to the report i already made. i am stuck in this position, and need advice for alternitive options. i understand that someone my age does not just "get emancipated" i was hoping someone here could help guide me in the right direction. thank you

Unless you have a legal way to make money, make enough to pay ALL your own expenses and have permission to move out, emancipation is not an option for you. Just to get that out of the way.

Well, OP, cheer up; you'll be an adult in less than 2 years.

But, you can keep misbehaving and you can win a ticket to a nearby juvenile incarceration and correction facility.

Or, wait until you're 17 and get a ticket to the BIG house!

Or, chill until you're 18 and make you way into the world as a free adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back