Overstay, Illegal Status Adjustment of Status....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieX

Hi there me again,

My questions are regarding the adjustment to status process...how and when do i apply for a visitors status? once i cross the boarder, am i automatically entered into the system as a visitor and how long is a visitors status good for? i was under the impression that it is good for up to 6 months and should i need to stay longer, i would need to apply for an adjustment to status? is that how it works? what if i get married during this 6 months, how does it affect my status?

You need to consult with the INS for the visa stay terms that change from country to country. The INS website will have many of the answers you are looking for. Good Luck!

Hi there me again,

My questions are regarding the adjustment to status process...how and when do i apply for a visitors status? once i cross the boarder, am i automatically entered into the system as a visitor and how long is a visitors status good for? i was under the impression that it is good for up to 6 months and should i need to stay longer, i would need to apply for an adjustment to status? is that how it works? what if i get married during this 6 months, how does it affect my status?

What qualifies you for adjustment of status? Clarify your post.......... Are you planning on coming here on visa waiver or what exactly are you talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back