Criminal Records, Expungement Adjudication withheld in florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpfla

I need help i have an adjudication withheld and was suppose to have it reduced to a misdemeanor once probation was done. It is not and now i am looking for work and can not get a job because it is showing felony third degree. I want to seal it ..i tried to do the paperwork myself but not successful. I am just want someone who can assist me in what i need to do. It was a check.

Do you know why it was not changed when you finished probation? If not, start by getting an answer to that question.

no I was confused i heard the lawyer ask for that but i am not sure if the judge approved that. Who would have that answer for me?

Well it seems you may not have had the reduction coming anyway.
To find out what actually happened in court, go to the court clerk's office and see about getting copy of your record from that incident. It will show what plea you entered as well as the sentence given. If it does not say anything about adjudication withheld then you need to look into having the record expunged. If it does indicate that it was to be reduced to a misdemeanor but for some reason did not happen then you can look into getting some assistance to making that happen, although you would then still have a misdemeanor on your record. If that is the case you should probably start with probation to make sure they did everything they needed to when you finished up.

it does show probation sent in paperwork closed the case 05/06/2005
SATISFACTION OF CLAIM/PD LIEN
LETTER MAILED TO COUNTY ATTORNEYS OFFICE TO SATISFY JUDGEMENT ORBK 12397 PG 1072, 1073 DK
but i do not see anything about reducing it...so what can be done with the ajudication withheld

So then contact the county attorney's office and see what they have to say. You need to find out why it was not reduced. A phone call is a good way to start, but it may be better in the long run to do things in writing (by mail, not email). Once you have that answer you can figure out what to do. If you are super lucky it might just be a clerical error or some kind of omission that can be pushed through and cleared up.
Otherwise, you will need an attorney's help to either get the offense reduced as intended or to seek an expungement of the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back