Addict bf

G

Gretchen

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My bf moved out 2 weeks ago and now is refusing to leave my front porch. He came to my house Thursday and Friday high and I wouldn't let him talk to me so he left. He says is will call the police to be allowed in. I do not want a crackhead in my house. What can I do? Are drugs different in terms of not being forced to allow him in? Especially since he moved out with all his belongings on Jan 12.

Was your boyfriend ever on the lease? Did he return the keys to you? If he tries to move back with the help of the local law enforcement (rather doubtful as they don't like to get into civil matters) you would need to prove to them that he voluntarily vacated the rental unit (or your home if you own it).

It's not unusual that substance abusers that go on binges (no matter the drug of their choice) will attempt to talk their way back into living situations once they run out of funds (or substances) to keep them high.

Gail

My bf moved out 2 weeks ago and now is refusing to leave my front porch. He came to my house Thursday and Friday high and I wouldn't let him talk to me so he left. He says is will call the police to be allowed in. I do not want a crackhead in my house. What can I do? Are drugs different in terms of not being forced to allow him in? Especially since he moved out with all his belongings on Jan 12.

Stop referring to a drug abusing addict as your boyfriend.

Call the cops, ask to have him removed from your property.
If he says he lives there, he doesn't.
He voluntarily vacated the unit on two weeks ago.
He took his junk.
He no longer lives in your home.

You simply say, "He left of his own accord on January 12th, taking all of his belongings. Please remove him from my property, he's a crackhead, violent, and crazed with the crack he smokes."

Back