Assault & Battery Accussed of Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstaro

Okay here is the situation:

I am a frequent customer of several subways, because I travel quite a distance between my university and work.
One night, on my way to work, I stopped at a subway, near work, and ordered my sandwich, soup, and drink. When the girl went to ring my order up, she charged me for everything as separates, instead of giving me the meal deal. Without noticing it, right away, I handed my credit card over and signed for it. But before taking my sandwich and even leaving the counter, it donned on my that she over charged me about 4 dollars. SO I asked for a refund so she could ring it up right. I was not rude, just clear and to the point.

She turned to me and rudely stated that they do not "do refunds." I stated again that she overcharged me and i would like a refund. Again She said we dont do refunds. No where in the store does it state that subway does not give refunds. And as a customer I knew that Subway gives refunds. This upset me so I asked to speak to a manager. She said there is no manager on duty. I asked is there anyone else working, so i could get someone not as rude, the other teenage girl came out and yell at me that she already told me that we dont give refunds. So i yelled back call a manager so we can get this cleared up because both were way out of bounds.
When I asked for a refund I had pushed my credit card towards the cashier, and she held it during the whole conversation. Finally i gave up and said fine give me my credit card and she pushed it towards me, and then left her hand on the credit card and turned her head away to see what her friend was saying, i gently tapped the top of her hand with my fingers, not hard enough to make a baby cry, to get her attention so i could get my credit card. And then I left. This happened, i want to say 2-3 months ago, I completely forgot about the hole situation as soon as i got to work, afterall it was just 4 dollars, and then I get the call from the police station stating she is pressing charges for assault. I need to know how to fight this or come to some agreement with the other side because the court date is a week before I get married, and my honeymoon out of the country for 10 days, and then when i get back I start Law School Aug 16th.

Also, how will my first appearance go, is it just for me to plead not guilty or will they start the case then, can i contact the prosecuting attorney to somehow work it out or what.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back