Accused of Inappropriate touching. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

npetschen

State- Minnesota
County - Washing

My brother-in-law (30 yrs old) has been accused, by a 14 year old girl, that he has touched her leg and kissed her neck.

For the first incident, my BIL, a couple other adults, and a couple teenagers (including this girl) were sitting a a picnic table outside of all of their townhomes. It was after a BBQ and was dark outside. There were a total of 6 people sitting at the table. My BIL was next to this girl, but with a bar in between them. She says that he touched/rubbed her leg. One of the other adults there did ask him about it later that night, and he told him no he did not.

The other incident,my BIL, this girl, and her friend were outside of their townhomes. This girl grabed something of his and would not give it back and was goofing around. He ran after her and grabbed her to get his stuff back. She says he kissed her on the neck as he did that.

He completely denies touching her or kissing her neck. He says he may have accidentally touched her leg or something when he was reaching in his pocket.

The police came to question him last night, but that was it. What can we expect? Doesnt there need to be proof to charge him? And what would the charge be? What would the punishment for that be?

His wife is due to have a baby in a month and half and wants to know what she can expect even if it is planning for the worse.

Any advice would help, thanks.

I doubt that any of us can guess what will happen in the future.

Well, say he did. Is this illegal? Is there a charge for it if it was not sexual?

Neither I nor anyone else can answer questions about something that may or may not have happened.

Those are hypothetical questions and your answers are as good as my guesses.

With all due respect, you do not know what happened and of course he is probably gong to deny the allegations. Most do. It is up to the DA's office to determine if there is sufficient evidence and how accurate the credibility of the girl is. The fact your BIL is hanging around teenagers that are not related is a little awkward.

At this point, it seems like he has not been charged. All they did was question him. He can talk to an attorney if he wants, but it is up to the DA's office to pursue charges.

And tell your BIL to stop hanging around these kids. Seems like nohing but trouble will emerge.

Last edited:
Well, he hangs around outside and keeps an eye on all the neighbor kids since he is out there with his own. It was four adults and 2 teenagers that were left outside at the time. He was hanging out with the other adults and the 2 teenagers decided to hang out too.

What I need to know is: Is there something he can be charged with since he did not touch her in a sexual way or a sexual area?

Well, he hangs around outside and keeps an eye on all the neighbor kids since he is out there with his own. It was four adults and 2 teenagers that were left outside at the time. He was hanging out with the other adults and the 2 teenagers decided to hang out too.

What I need to know is: Is there something he can be charged with since he did not touch her in a sexual way or a sexual area?

Now you're changing your story.

Did you or did you not touch her inappropriately?

What a lousy perv excuse you have for being around kids.

You're creepy.

As I said in the beginning, he did NOT touch her. But she is accusing him of that. If the police do believe her, what could he be charged with?

Besides, I dont know how being outside with his young children in inappropriate. The park is right outside their front door. And it's not like he was the only adult there, he was hanging out with the adult males and the teenagers just hung around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back