Accused of damaging a car during a scuffle with driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe567

Banned
Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
Before I say anything, I just want to say that I know I did a lot of really stupid stuff in this situation and made very bad decisions, but this has been really stressing me out and I'm really looking for advice or answers to at least set my mind at ease or let me know what I'm at risk for. so please don't criticize this at all.

This is going to be a long story but I'm going to try to make it as short as possible. I'm 19 years old/male and I live in Wisconsin. I'm caught up in a huge mess and I'm really stressed out and worried. I met this 18 year old boy at a party this past halloween, and we became friends. Eventually he told me that he was bisexual (I'm gay too) and we started talking about sex on snapchat. My parents were/are out of town, and one night he texted me and asked me to come over and hang out with him, which I did. Eventually we went back to my house, and we had a sexual encounter. I then drove him back home, and he stole a bottle of nail polish remover from my car. I chased him out threw the neighborhood but he ran away too fast. I was really angry and right after, I called him and told him that if he didnt give it back I was going to tell all of his facebook friends that he's bisexual and that we had sex. he then got very angry and told me that he was going to come to my house and murder me, and that he was part of an italian gang (which I didn't believe at all). soon after, he ran back to my car and gave me my nail polish remover back and I went home.

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS BAD, next morning, he called me and asked me to hang out with him. I had class in 2 hours, but he said he just wanted to talk and hang out. so I said sure and he drove his old car/truck to my house to pick me up because he wanted to go to the mall. he never mentioned that while i was on the phone with him AND REMEMBER, HE THREATENED ME LAST NIGHT, but he said he was sorry and that he was just really angry and tired that night. For some stupid reason, i got in the car with him. I asked him "which mall are we going to" and he told me the mall on the south side of town which was far away, I then changed my mind and told him that i didn't want to go, but he didn't stop the car. I was telling him to stop the car and let me out but he didnt. I then reached my leg over and tried stepping on the break while he was driving, I dont really remember if i actually stepped on it, but I'm pretty sure i didnt. He then got hostile and angry and grabbed my leg and twisted my arm. I got out of the car and ran off into the trees. he followed me and aimed his car at me, like he was going to run me over, but he couldn't because I was behind the trees, then he drove away.

He then left a really heated/angry message on my phone saying that i ruined his car stereo (there were a bunch of wires in his car that i got caught onto during the commotion between him) and he told me that he was going to sue me for it and that he was on his way to the car dealer ship to get his car checked out to see how much damage was done to it. he then told me that he was going to call his cousin who been to prison to come "take care of me".

I went to the police and reported him for making threats to me and I told them EVERYTHING, the full story! I didn't want them to arrest him or contact him at first because i was worried that it might only exacerbate the situation. But eventually, he started typing these comments on one of my facebook pages that I was going to be dead soon, and that he was going to sue me for 10,000 dollars because he claimed i broke his head unit radio and fried one of his pistons in his car. I highly doubt i caused that much damage! I'm convinced that my foot did not touch his radio at all! and there's no way i could have done damage to his pistons. Also I TOLD HIM TO STOP AND LET ME OUT OF THE CAR BUT HE DIDN'T!

But i'm still really worried. what are the chances of his lawsuit going through and of me loosing? I don't have 10,000 dollars either! he also typed that him and his lawyer where going to talk and come up with a good price to sue me at. I'm very concerned and I don't know what's going to happen next. PLEASE HELP!

if anyone has any questions, just ask.

When you hear from his lawyer, then you get a lawyer. He may be bluffing and you'll never hear a thing, but who knows really. Me, I'd be more worried about the cousin. But then again, he may not even have a cousin.

When you hear from his lawyer, then you get a lawyer. He may be bluffing and you'll never hear a thing, but who knows really. Me, I'd be more worried about the cousin. But then again, he may not even have a cousin.

i already told the police to tell him to leave me alone. which im sure they did by now. im getting a copy of the police report as soon as they have it ready. i was worried that the police contacting him may just exacerbate the situation, but im doubtful now that it actually will.

I'm actually not even starting to worry about this anymore. first, he's autistic (so am I though) and he seems really dense for the short time I've known him. I highly doubt anyone is going to believe all the crazy stuff he says, hence his threats and the crazy fake stuff he typed on facebook about me.

Also, I highly doubt he's going to be persistent enough to follow through with a lawsuit. Correct me if im wrong, but isn't a lawsuit a very long process to pursue? plus, I do not believe he has a lawyer, and in the worse case scenario, even we do go to court and he tries to sue me, I'm 90% sure he'll loose because i told him to stop the car, and i already confirmed that my foot never hit the break at all. plus i have the recordings of him on the phone shouting and yelling like a hostile psycho idiot he is.

and about the wires, it seemed like nothing but a bunch of ipod connection wires, they got caught on both of us during the scuffle. he grabbed my leg and then grabbed my arm and tried twisting it. I believe some of the wires became unplugged during this. I'm doubtful i caused any damages to his car at all (especially 10,000 dollars worth), and it wouldn't be my fault anyway.

not to mention that while i knew him he claimed to have gotten in trouble with the police for drug possession while i have no criminal record whats so ever. considering all of that, the odds are pretty much in my favor. if i dont hear anything from him in the next 3 months, i'll most likely just forget about it by then. the longer it takes him to go through with anything, the harder it is going to be for him to win.
but if something comes up, i'll figure something out.

and I don't believe him about the cousin at all either.

Unless you're served legal papers, forget anyone's nonsense and foolishness.

Whatever you read on the Internet, FaceBook included, take it with 10 pounds of salt.

It's also in your best interests to ignore bullies and the threats issued.

You might not even be sued (no way to know positively) but if you are, you go to court & defend yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back