Medical Malpractice accidental death/violation of civil rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

handyman1

i want to get advice as to how to begin a civil suit against a hospital on behalf of my father ,a vietnam veteran who died under questionable circumstances ! The coroner who performed his autopsy is standing beside me in this decision, someone please help me!i will pay a nice percentage of settlement . i am his only heir
:(:(

Check out your local attorneys. Most will do an initial consult with you for free. If they think you have a good case they might handle the case on a no win/ no fee basis. If they do win, their percentage would probably be 20 - 30% of any settlement.

Last edited:
i want to get advice as to how to begin a civil suit against a hospital on behalf of my father ,a vietnam veteran who died under questionable circumstances ! The coroner who performed his autopsy is standing beside me in this decision, someone please help me!i will pay a nice percentage of settlement . i am his only heir
:(:(

I'm sorry for your loss. As a Vietnam vet myself, I know the struggles many of us have had to endure.

Brother JHarris practices law in GA. He posts on this forum. He has extensive contacts in your state. He can advise you in regard to some local malpractice attorneys. As FLRiptide said, most will teak a case with merit on a contingency. It could range anywhere from 25-40% of any potential award, plus expenses. Did your father die in a government run hospital (VA). If he did, that complicates the issue.

Last edited:
hi army judge! thank you big brother for your response,It is a very hard situation to deal with.i am up in Indiana& working as dad taught me to do.you are steering me in theright direction and i respect& appreciate it! he was on the waiting list to go the VA med ctr

sorry im not a master of the English language my friend,just an honest working class fellow who wants justice on behalf of his father.its not even about the money,moreso i have decided to file suit based on principles!

he was a vet suffering schizophrenia and ptsd (mental health issues).i watched him struggle all my life as though a part of the man was lost along the HO chi minh trail in 1967-68.

no sir he did not die at a va hospital

No worries.

So far, so good.

The fact that the coroner is supportive, is good news for you.

What did the coroner say was the cause of your dad's death?

How long ago did your dad die?

How old was he when he died?

the gentleman in question was pfc.Clarence J. Boogher US Army ret. i have his dd-214 and death cert. the VA gave me his flag and Dept.of Defense has given me all his medals and commendations

army judge, i must hit the hay as i get up @ 6am e.s.t. to go to my job.may God be with you sir. i will log on tomorrow evening after my bible study

october 13 2008
d.o.d

Okay, you have some choices to make.

You have a short window to do this.

As you can see, in Georgia it is only two years to bring this kind of lawsuit.

Most any malpractice or personal injury lawyer will take this type of case on a contingency basis.

If you don't win, they get nothing.

Whatever you are awarded, the lawyer gets 30-40% of the award for their work.

Tomorrow, speak to a local lawyer.

Ask your friends and employer for a couple names in your town or nearby.

Go see him or her.

But, your suit must be filed no later than October 7th, 2010, otherwise its too late.

Georgia statutes of limitations

* For negligence – 2 years
* For medical malpractice – 2 years after the wrongful act
* For product negligence – 2 years after suffering injury
* For wrongful death – 2 years of (D.O.D)
* For survival – 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back