Accident without insurance... Not at fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawneelyn

First off... I know I messed up driving without insurance. But we were hit by a vehicle backing out of a parking lot and it was his fault. His insurance company called today threatening to have my husbands license suspended for 4 years and to revoke our vehicle registration if I don't pay the $1500 to fix his car.
Am I responsible for fixing his car when the accident was his fault? What options do I have? We can't have my husbands license suspended or the vehicles registration revoked but I don't have $1500 to give them nor do I feel I should have to?

Thanks

First of all, the insurance company cannot revoke his license or registration. That's up to the DMV. If there is a law in your state that you must have liability insurance while driving then the DMV COULD suspend your husbands license.

Second, do you have proof that it was not your husbands fault? Was there any sort of police report taken?

You can either pay the 1500 or sue the other driver in small claims court for the damage to your vehicle. They will counterclaim for the 1500 and the judge will decide who is at fault and who owes who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back