Accident with uninsured

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickduster

Hi, new here... hoping someone could help me out. I was involved in an accident with an uninsured driver and he was sited for the accident. My insurance just capped my medical claim so there not paying anymore. But my question is could I sue the Car Dealership that put the temp tag on the car with out verifying Proof of insurance which it is a DE law? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Rick

Ok, I will give it a shot. As a Car Dealer here in Utah- all you need is proof of insurance
(the paper) they dont really verify insurance. I would however call (or go in) the dealership talk to the General Manager and ask when the car was bought, the insurance this man provided etc.. I really dont know if you can fault the dealership-- if they got proof of insurance from him @ the time of the sale-- that is really all they are obligated to do.

Is your insurance company going to go after this person? Do you have uninsured motorist insurance? Have you talked to this person to see if he has any assets? I am thinking depending on what your medical bills are etc.. and if this other person is a kid or broke or what you may be SOL-- and you may have to hire a attorney to sue him--- however depending on the amount of $$ your talking about you can sue him in small claims court.

Thanks Theresa, not really what I wanted to hear.:( Yeah my insurance is going to sue him for all my bills and what ever settlement they give me. I agree tho about the Dealer if he infact showed proof of insurance to them. But at the accident all he should the cop was the temp registration with an insurance # hand written on it... He was also charged with that(not having proper proof of insurance). Yeah I'm SOL with going after him... He is a 20 yr old that appears to have seen jail a few times. Thanks again Rick

I had insurance... they just made me an offer(the max they could)... I'm still gonna look into the car dealership thing.... if nothing else maybe the guy showed them a valid insurance policy... I know its diggin... but there is always a first for everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back