Accident on dealership test drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic3452

Hello All,

First off, this happened in Chicago, IL Oct 5th. I went to test drive a car at a local dealership. Got into the car and as pulling it out as directed by the salesman I scratched/dented the RF fender on the concrete at the bottom of a lamp pole. The car was in the sales lot. The guys at the dealer tried to push me into buying the car based on this event. I decided not too and asked them if they wanted to file a police report, they didn't so I left. They called me back a few hours later and told me I would have to come back to file a police report. I went back promptly but they didn't want to file a report again, they wanted to talk more about me buying the car so I left, went home, and filed a claim with Allstate. (at this point I wasn't sure if they were serious about making me pay for the damage) Now today, Oct. 18th they are calling me asking if I can come in and file a police report. I called Allstate and they said that's up to me if I want to file a police report or not. Allstate also said they have not had any contact with the dealer or their insurance company since the day of the accident. They are still waiting for the dealer's insurance company to call them.

My question is should I go back in to the dealership to file a police report 2 weeks after the accident? It feels shady to me.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back