Accident/No ticket/Fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimberjoih

I was in an accident this morning merging from one highway to another. I thought the lady in front of me was pulling out into traffic but she did not, and I rear-ended her. there was minimal damage to my jeep and bumper damage to her truck. We agreed to simply exchange insurance information without calling the police (her suggestion). While we were doing so, a police officer pulled over. He asked to see our license and insurance info. When he returned the information he simply gave us a card with the case number. Unfortunately I have been involved in a similar (make that identical) situation and I was at that time issued a citation for "improper start". Since I did not receive a citation in this instance, how will that affect my insurance? I have issued the claim and they are being quite cooperative but I'm curious about several things: will they pay for the damage of the other vehicle with no ticket citing fault, even though I was obviously at fault? And if the vehicle I was driving (the insurance is in my name) is registered to someone else, do they have to be involved in the insurance process or can I work with them directly and keep the owner out of it? Will they come back after the fact and issue a citation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back