? about insurance premiums

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshinesmom

I wasn't sure where this should go, so if I put it in the wrong place I apologize.

Backround: When my ex and I divorced three years ago our child had no health insurance. Since there was no insurance the break-down of support in our parenting plan has both of us listed as 0% responsible for premiums. We are listed, however as 50% responsible for premium increases. Since then I have remarried and my current husband has my daughter on his insurance. I have asked my ex repeatedly to pay half of the premium, and provided him with the info on how much it is. He agrees(stupid me got nothing in writing), then doesn't pay. We have been on good terms until just recently, and stupid me(again) didn't want to make problems for my daughter's sake, so I've basically let this slide for two years.

Questions:

1.) Will the court recoginze going from having no premium at all to having a premium as an increase in premium and grant me the back money?

2.) Since things have gotten unfriendly recently, will I just be hurting myself by going after it now if he does decide to push the custody stuff into court? Having let it slide for so long will I just come off as looking vindictive since I never got anything in writing and can't prove that I have been after him about it for two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back