Abandoned Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXquestionGIRL

My landlord's husband had a boss who stored a contractor's trailor on their property. The same boss owed her husband money for work that was done and made an agreement to give them a truck for the unpaid portion. This happened over 6 years ago and the husband has since passed away. My landlord has contacted the gentleman several times and they have not removed the trailor and now they are saying that they want the truck back. According to my understanding the property is considered abandoned after 3 years. I was wondering if I am understanding this correctly and if so how does she go about getting the title to the vehicle?

I don't know what state you are in and perhaps it is Texas. Where are you getting the three year requirement? With regard to the vehicle and getting title... good question. Did you think of contact the Department of Motor Vehicles? I'm guessing that it's not them but another agency that regulates and registers the vehicles. I'd also think that after trying to contact the owner several times, if they'd want the vehicle back they might also be subject to a long storage fee. Easiest to settle the dispute and I don't blame you for not being happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back