A worker from Arron's stole my dog while on the job.

MontanaMan

Jurisdiction
Montana
Hi a few years ago a worker from Arron's drove by my house and threw my dog in. He was in the Arron's truck when he did it. We confronted the worker and got my dog back but is there some kind of action I can take.
Thank You

You have no cause of action. If you had reported it to the police at the time MAYBE he could have been charged, but way too late now.

It's been years - move on with your life and get over it.

what did you do at the time? did you speak with someone from the employer? Not much you can do now but enjoy your dog.

You got the dog back. Crying kids is not damages as the law sees it. If you had reported it at the time then MAYBE you might have been able to take some action but it's much too late now.

Why are you asking about this years later? Why was your dog roaming free where anyone could pick it up? It isn't clear if this employee thought the dog was a stray and was trying to rescue it or if the person intended to steal your pet, but either way, you got the dog back and there are no damages. I suppose back when it happened you could have reported it to the company and they might have decided to take some sort of action against their employee but it would be entirely up to them to do so.

Back