A rotton P.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tngv

By all admissions, my son did two stupid things. First he was arrested for underage drinking at 17. When he was 18 he was arrested for hanging out with a local lawyer's son who decided to take out mail boxes, (the lawyer's son faced no charges, imagine that). The problem is, that he is now 21 and has not been able to clear his legal penalties.

He has been in constant contact with his p.o. He told this person that he was working full time and needed more time to complete his community service. This seemed to be o.k. The next thing he knew he was thrown back in jail for not completing his community service. He served a month in jail. Again, he served his sentance, paid the new fines, and again thought he was current. When he contacted his P.O. he found he was now responsible for paying for his jail time.

He paid the fines. Again, on Monday, he contacted his P.O. On Tuesday he was informed that they were mistaken. He didn't have 120 hours of community service, it's 240. He's expected in court on friday to explain why he hasen't done his community service.

No doubt my son went through a little bad spell, but when does this end? We live in a very rural area, and there is a small chance that requesting a different p.o. will be an option.

How can he defend himself. The p.o., like before, will insist that they advised him properly. We all know that is not true. I have copies of the paper work. It clearly states 120 hours of community service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back